If you see the projected job growth for computer science, it is about 20 percent (as per BLS Report). If you look around, the reason it will be a technological revolution,
Most businesses accumulate their work with automation. To maintain or upgrade that work, they need different types of computer science, specialized engineers,
As per the simple law of economics, as demand for products increases, their price also increases.
Nowadays, employers give good pay to computer science graduates to overcome the demand for tech. In contrast, computer science is broad, so we have a filter list of the highest paying computer science jobs underneath a good salary package.
Based on future aspects and average salary, we have configured below a list of best paying cs jobs
Software Architect is one of the highest paid computer science jobs. Their work is to baseline the demand of clients and then modulate it into a proper structural framework; later, this framework is conveyed to project programmers.
Various Aspects software architect considers while making the framework which includes –
Apart from this, software architect needs to consider some vital perspective (non-functional requirements) which includes security, performance, scalability, and availability of the software.
Below we have listed the software architect skills, including soft and hard, which might help you to become one….
- Problem Solving
- Creative Thinking
Deep knowledge of one or more programming languages
Acknowledgment with UML is a must
Deep knowledge of DevOps
The average Salary of a Software Architect in the US is $ 139,099. Experts say the future of Software Architect is good and huge.
DevOps Engineer modulates the gap between operation and development teams, and it helps to forecast the development process of software in an easier and faster way with the help of various tools such as slack, Jenkins, Docker, Nagios, and many more.
In most organizations, DevOps Engineer is responsible for handling three core modules which include –
- Build and Deploy Code
- Maintenance and Deployment of Servers (it can be physical or cloud-based servers)
- Develop Automated Test Suites
- Acknowledge Team with DevOps Tools
See the DevOps Engineer Skills one must have to become successful in their careers –
- Communication Unselfishness and Empathy
- DevOps Tools Experience
- Coding and Scripting Skills
- Software Security Skills
DevOps Engineer is among the best paying computer science jobs with an average annual salary of $ 121 966.
Nowadays, Data Scientist is the most popular computer science job, and their work is to filter the data into insights, which helps business owners to make the right decision. It is demanded in IT and other industries such as pharmacy.
Below you can see the detailed overview of Data scientist responsibilities inside the organization –
- Discover Trends and patterns using ample information
- Detect the data sources which are valuable and process them into the automation
- Build machine learning algorithms
- Propose strategies to overcome business challenges
- Critical Thinking Communication
- Team Player
- Statistical Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Big Data
- Data Visualisation
The average Salary of a Data Scientist in the US is $ 121,897. As per BLS Report, by 2028, data scientist demand will increase by 16 %.
It is among the most interesting computer science jobs and helps innovate new algorithms to reciprocate work more effortlessly and more précised manner. A primary focus of most computer scientists is on the theoretical side, which includes data structure development and design, software engineering, and numerical analysis.
The demand for Computer Scientists is not limited to IT Consultancies in various sectors such as retail, aerospace, defence, and financial services; their IT departments are also recruiting Computer scientists in their organizations.
Responsibility of Computer Scientist in the organization –
- Make new theories to increase the efficiency of software
- Simplify the algorithms and improve their precision
- Prepare a research report which includes a strategy for executives
- Create methods to make computers more feasible
- Work on creating new programming languages
- Time Management
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Programming languages
- Software Development
The average Salary of a Computer Scientist is $ 99050.
Mobile Application Developer
Mobile Application Developer is listed among the most in demand computer science jobs; they focus on creating, programming, testing, and maintaining apps for smartphones.
Responsibilities of Mobile Application Developer in Organization –
- Work closely with the market research team and innovate new features for users
- Do testing and debugging of application code
- Work colloidally with the product design team
- Understand the requirements of clients
- Team Work
- Deep Thinker
- Decision Making
- Native App Writing Ability
- Acknowledgment of UX and UI
- Back End Computing – Framework, Database Management, Hardware Interaction, Security.
- Agile Development Skills
- Cross-Platform Development Skills
The average Salary of a Mobile Application Developer is $ 98,896
Information Security Analyst
Information Security Analyst is among the top paying computer science jobs. They work on preventing staggering computer network and system threats, preparing the ecosystem to identify flaws in security systems and secure an organization’s sensitive data.
As per the reports of IBM Security, the average total cost of a data breach is $ 4.24 million, and in 11 consecutive years, healthcare had the highest industry cost of a data breach.
Responsibilities of Information Security Analyst in an organization –
- Perform Security Audits (both internal and external)
- Determine the root cause for security breaches by doing an analysis
- Prepare the report on security trials and risk analysis
- Update the recovery report for the incident response of a company
- Depth Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Team Work
- Skilled in Network Monitoring Systems
- Acknowledge Data Privacy and Regulations
- Mastered in Security Framework
- Network Infrastructurea
The average Salary of an Information Security Analyst is $ 98350
IT Project Manager
IT Projects Manager is responsible for seeing project completion and conveying the client’s requirements to their team. They are also responsible for maintaining collaboration between IT Professionals and administrative staff.
The demand for IT Project Managers is not only in IT Companies but also in various other companies such as fintech, healthcare, manufacturing, utilities, and educational institutions.
Core Work of IT Project Manager in an organization: –
- Prepare a project plan, including the project cost, resources, and client requirements.
- Assign work roles to the team members and motivate them to meet the goals
- Make the timeline for phase testing of the project.
- Intermediate with a selection of new services for the project.
- Pressure Handling
- Team Structuring
- Programming Languages
- Command over project management tool
The average Salary of an IT Project Manager is $ 93,372.
Database Administrator is the best job for computer science majors; their work is to organize and store data and make the proper IT infrastructure for easier accessibility of data.
Apart from this, DBA also plays a vital role in maintaining downtime of the system; due to the downtime in the system, the company’s reputation, customer experience, and revenue get affected.
Responsibilities of Data Base Administrator in the organization –
1.Prepare policies for accessing the data, prepare the training module, and guide colleagues for easily accessible data.
2.Prepare the recovery for the database, and system work is not affected in case of any problem.
3.Test the security of the database and create a barrier for irrelevant users from accessing
- Logical Approach
- Organizational Skills
- Data Modelling
- Disaster Recovery